Saturday, April 19, 2008

Baby Boy

It is with great relief and pride that my Wife and I welcome home our "baby boy" soon. Our Marine has been serving our country in Iraq the past year. Sitting high atop a Humvee with an arsenal of weapons, he was the point man in moving convoys in his super secret locations. We don't have any idea what he has gone through, we are sure we will have stories when he gets back and can be with us. We are just so happy that he will be back home safe very soon.

Jason is my Wife's Nephew from her Sister that passed away from Cancer some years ago. Although I didn't know his Momma, she was a special lady. Jan has taken over the Momma role now with this one. I have known Jason for going on 3 yrs now. Always a Southern Gentleman, calls me "uncle scott", loves his aunt and her new crew. My youngest Daughter has the biggest crush on him, she lights up whenever he is around and flirts with him the way that little girls do.
We understand that an old girlfriend from high school has moved back to his area and they have been hot and heavy over email and phone calls while he was away. His goal is to buy a home and settle down. He deserves it. He is our Pride and Joy.

Just when you think the younger generation has let us down from our Previous Post, we only need to think of the Brave Ones who are putting it on the line everyday in Iraq and Afghanistan to keep us safe and sound as we rumble on about how "tough" we got it. Believe me we got it easy compared to what this fella has done the last year.

So join me in welcoming back our newest Vet from the Great Fight to liberate Iraq.


Semper Fidelis (always faithful)


Yours in the Bond