Sunday, August 5, 2007

Red Beans and Rice!!!!

Although I can't compete with Pure Florida on Recipes, I have to give a big shout out to
my Queen for making me a dish I grew up with.
I happen to be a 1/4 cajun from my Mom's side of the clan. I have many relatives along the
Gulf Coast from Biloxi all the way over to Lafayette so when I was a kid my Mom would always fix RB&rice on Tuesdays. She told me the ladies would always make it on this day due to it being wash day and it is a dish that basically cooks itself, what with the bean's sitting all day and the sausage's simmering in the pot. Rice added on the bottom with a bit of Bay Leaves, Onion's and Hot Sauce and you have got yourself a dish. Et Toi?



And here my little lady has made me a great dish. Although we had several recipes from family both in Natchez and Biloxi, we improvised and did the crock pot thang. Quick trip to Publix this morning and we are eating good watching the Saints play the Steelers up in Canton.



A little Proud Cook if I do say so myself, ain't she cute?



If y'all want the recipe for the Crock Pot, let me know and I'll shoot it over to you.

Yours in the Bond
"les bon temps roule"